Bishop Street Post Office
Bishop Street Post Office, which was opened in 1935, is built from coarse-grained De Lank granite from Cornwall. In 1954 this was the first provincial post office in Britain to be equipped with a machine that informed parcel senders the postage to any part of world.
The four-storey 1930s building in Bishop Street has stood empty costing the taxpayer £30,000 a year since it was bought by Leicester City Council for £1.4 million in 2008.
Current plans are for it to be transformed in to student accommodation. History borrowed from Matt Donut