The Delancey Hospital, Leckhampton, was founded by the late Miss Delancey, who bequeathed £5,000 for this purpose, but through some informality only £3,750 eventually became available : the late Rev. J. H. L. Gabell gave £1,000 towards the site and £5,365 for the buildings and furniture, and £1,000 Consols as an endowment fund. Opened in 1871 as the Delancey Fever Hospital.
The hospital has been slowly closing over the last few years due to government NHS cutbacks with the last depeartments closing only 6 weeks ago!
The plan for the site is now "To create a sustainable residential-led, mixed-use development with community and employment uses; using the site's spaces, trees, historic buildings and views; to deliver contemporary design quality".