Frisby Jarvis / Farben Works
This building was originally part of the Worsted Spinning Mill, which began operation in 1867. The office block extension was built in 1881. Both parts were built for William Thompson and Sons by the Leicester architects Shenton and Baker. Later uses of the factory included hosiery manufacture around 1914 when the more 'modernist' looking 4 storey building was added. Like most mills and factories this places was taken over by other smaller firms until its eventual closure in 2001. The site survived a fire in 2005 on the top floor of the more recent building to the west of the site; and is grade II listed.