Gloscat College, Gloucester
The Gloucestershire College of Art and Technology, known as Gloscat was originally located on Brunswick Road. It was actually on two sites, with the main site on the north-west of Brunswick Road and the media site on the south-east side, opposite the library.
The front part of the Gloscat building was built between 1938 and 1941 in an art deco style. Today it is in a sad state of decay as in 2007 Gloscat moved to a modern new building on the docks. The Brunswick campus (both sites) is now part of the Gloucester Heritage Urban Regeneration Project's (GHURC) Greyfriars redevelopment.
A major feature of the modern site is a much unloved nine-storey tower block to the rear of the original college building. This was built in 1974, a time when scant regard was paid to whether new buildings were sympathetic to their surroundings. History courtesy of http://www.darrelkirby.com/storyofgloucester/extra_sites/gloscat.htm