Healings Flour Mill
Healing's Mill is an imposing Victorian steam-powered mill on the banks of the River Avon. This river once brought barges loaded with corn here from the docks at Avonmouth. Most of the original barges, which were named after local villages, have been sold, but other larger barges were used as recently as the 1990s to bring European wheat from the coast at Sharpness. The mill was built for Samuel Healing in 1865 by W H James, but the massive South wing was added in 1889.
It was closed in November 2006 and its future remains uncertain with large structural issues affecting the silo building.