Kingsway Cinema / Bingo
The Kingsway Cinema at The Parade on Kings Heath High Street opened on 2nd March 1925 and was designed by Horace G Bradley. The same architect was responsible for a number of Birmingham cinemas - all in the neo-classical style. It closed as a cinema in May 1980 when the final films were "The Bermuda Triangle" and a documentary feature "Encounter with Disaster". Gala Bingo opened on the site in 1982 and closed in 2007. As a cinema the building had 1362 seats and it was licensed as a bingo hall for 903 occupants. The current planning application is for a 300-seat restaurant and banqueting/conference facility with a capacity of 400.