Our Lady's Convent - Kettering
The Convent of Our Lady was originally a High School closing in 1972. To then become a junior school which closed in 2003. The original buildings date back to 1873 and where originally designed by Henry Gotch for Charles Wicksteed, who is well known in the area. Especially for Wicksteed park. Charles Wicksteed also spent his last few weeks in the Bryn Hafod building. The current building plans are described as follows: "Demolition of extensions to Bryn Hafod and Middlewest. Remedial work to external elevations. Reinstatement of terrace gardens forming private curtilages. Conversion and extension of Bryn Hafod annex to create 2 no. town houses and retention of existing cottages"